Acupuncture is concerned with flow of vital energy through pathways called meridians … similar to an electrical circuit. Acupuncture taps into the flow of energy ( Qi or Chi) to all major organs of the body, helping remove blockages and creating the energy balance associated with good health.
Acupuncture needles are as fine as human hairs. They are placed in specific points (acupoints) on the body for the duration of 5 to 40 minutes. The Acupuncturist may stimulate specific points by tapping on, or rotating the needles. The procedure is virtually painless.
Acupuncture can help the body release endorphins, which is helpful in stimulating the proper functioning of the body’s hormonal systems and in alleviating pain. Endorphins are also are responsible for regulating serotonin in the human brain. Serotonin creates a feeling of well-being, helps relieve stress and depression.
Another benefit of Acupuncture is to improve circulation thus providing sufficient nutrients to muscles and nerves. Patients will often see remarkable differences in the tone, texture and vitality of their skin. Facial rejuvenation programs are a very popular alternative to invasive surgery, and have additional side benefits of increased energy and well-being.
Acupuncture is not an instant cure. It takes time to restore and balance energy systems that may have been imbalanced for years. Some symptoms may be alleviated with the first application, while remaining symptoms can take five to nine treatments before the body’s systems return to good health. The number of treatments depends on the type of problem, length of illness, and response of your body to the therapy.
Discuss treatment options with your Acupuncturist to get more information about the length of treatment recommended and expectations for recovery.
Benefits Of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is helpful in curing many chronic and allergic diseases.
- Acupuncture can alleviate high blood pressure, ulcers, rheumatism, menstrual problems, indeterminate aches, skin problems, circulatory problems, back pain, arthritis, depression, asthma, migraines, sciatica, facial paralysis, and pain during Child birth.
- Acupuncture is an effective pain treatment and is effective with sports injuries, arthritis, and other causes of chronic pain.
- Acupuncture can help aid conception, and provide a healthy alternative to many male and female reproductive issues such as infertility.
- Acupuncture is also helpful towards overcoming certain addictions like food, alcohol, smoking or drugs. It can be an effective component of a weight loss program.
- Acupuncture an effective, non-surgical anti-aging treatment .It can help you look up to 10 years younger by increasing circulation to your face, evening out your skin tone and taking years of stress off your face!
Acupuncture treatments have NO negative side effects.