It’s no fun getting a cold or the flu during the busy holiday season. The challenge is that this is one of the busiest seasons of the year and people love to hug and kiss each other. A sure fire way to pass all those bad bugs around.
Many of my patients have been asking me about acupuncture and colds & flu. I am very happy to share with you a new section of my web devoted to Cold & Flu season.
The most important role acupuncture can play is to give your immune system a big boost so that you are capable of fighting off bugs and viruses. By the time you have cold or flu symptoms your body’s defense mechanisms have already been compromised. Yes … acupuncture can help alleviate the symptoms and shorten the duration of colds and the flu. The sooner you act, the better.
Avoid getting sick by:
1. Washing your hands with soap and hot water whenever you come home.
2. Money is dirty and a big carrier of “bugs.” Wash your hands after contacting money.
3. Avoid touching your face (especially your eyes) with your fingers or hands … if you have to touch, use a fresh kleenex.
4. Drink loads of water. Water re-hydrates you and flushes out any toxins.
5. Relax. Take frequent stress breaks. Stress compromises your immune system. Relaxation and regular rest breaks helps build it up.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.